Pearson Education - Worst online learning service I've ever seen.
The software is lousy, the textbooks are overpriced, and support? what support?
They made me pay TWICE b/c they happily took my payment but didn't give me access to my account b/c they require third party cookies which i block for security reasons which made their registration *** up. They would not get back to me within the two weeks i had to do my homework and auto-closed support tickets, i ended up having to pay for it again so i could do my forced myprogramminglab homework that my school made mandatory for every class in the department that can use this half-assed software. I reported the first *** up charge to my bank as fraudulent which forces companies to review the payment slowing it down and threatened USAA that i would lock my account and make them issue me a new card if they didn't cancel the payment - my standard procedure for when a company wont give you a refund or even talk to you about it. i even told the dean and my teacher what happened and had screenshots of what happened but they didn't ever refund me until the bank canceled it and now they are harassing me in emails about payment even though they made me pay twice.
There are better online learning solutions to use than this piece of *** like Cengage Online Learning which is FREE, and doing it in good old blackboard.
The cost of textbooks is in the hundreds of dollars and i have yet to see one published by Pearson Learning and their puppet McGraw Hill or any other textbook publisher that gives codes for there garbage that is under 200 bucks. The most recent math book is almost $500 and the most recent physics textbook is almost $600! I could get a new laptop for that kind money!
myprogramminglab does not represent a coding environment what so ever and the questions are confusing and often use advanced methods not related to programming what so ever, or the level that they are teaching. The problems often give completely useless help and sometimes don't even accept the correct answer at all or may not even have one! At least you can cheat on mymathlab and it has the same *** problems with the software.
I've had to use this *** software every time any class at my school had a something that could even remotely attach to Pearson "Highered" Learning. Highered my foot, the *** software is a hassle to use, you have to fight it to get a single question right and often cant do that and that COSTS me grade! on average 10-20% of my grade DROPS because of this program! more like Pearson "Lowered" Learning.
It would make my day for someone to give them a constant DDoS attack to make there service useless or upload a virus to their servers to destroy them. I will torrent every last book they make and find every single crack registration code i can find myshitlab, they are not getting any more money from me out of their little monopoly! piratebay FTW!
The Screenshots here are of the first proof of purchase email of myprogramminglab and Pearson Learning's *** up on their actual site, and the second ones are of the second proof of purchase email and of it working 10 days later after the second purchase on their site.
And yes, they auto-closed my support ticket.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Product or service
- Online Education
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Fraud Report – Heli Aviation, vs Niclas Herle (a.k.a. NH) Author: Dirk Peter, FlightstudentDate: Mo. 25. November 2013Short Summary / Story line I took flight lessons at the Flightschool "Heli..."
- "According to the course I'm taking at school, all I needed was to purchase the "Physics: Principles with Applications, Seventh Edition" by Giancoli. I purchased this access code through Amazon,..."
- "COSS is a fake agency and money suckers who are establishing after their crisis in Singapore. There are COSS offices in India, Si Lanka, Malaysia. Ms. Zahra Lalani is in..."
- "Sought a bouquet for Mother's Day on the internet from 'implied' local florist in Maryland. This outfit is a hub located in New Jersey. See attached pictures of the lower..."
- "Icon is a joke they forget to come back to fix things that they promise it will be done they forgot my vanity so they finally bring it and just..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."