1.5
Additional Fees
Equipment Quality
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I purchased an online access code from Pearson a little over a month ago for my summer class. I contacted them last week to complain that 75-80% of the videos were not working.

I was asking for some sort of reimbursement or compensation for this issue. Seeing as 4 chapters are due per week, and I work 40 hours a week, I do not have time to go back and re-read chapters for content. I rely on the videos. When I called tech support, they tried to place the blame on my instructor.

However, the message given on the video gives clear indication that it is an issue on Pearson's end. After a brief discussion that went nowhere, the issue had to be escalated to the next level of supervision. When I called today, I asked to receive a transcript of our conversation last week since it was an online "text chat support." They refused and called it "secret" information. After letting them know that it was not "secret" and that information should be made available to parties involved in the conversation, they still refused.

Tech support told me that, because there was only six days left on my subscription, there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak to the supervisor. The lady I was speaking to stated that she was the highest person in rank that I was permitted to speak to on this issue. After I asked her for confirmation of the things I stated above, she said they were correct.

She then proceeded to tell me that they were going to escalate my issue to another level (AKA, she was not they highest rank I could have spoken to.) In conclusion, Pearson has charged me full price for an incomplete product with no appearance of making things right, withheld proof of conversation of which I was a party and calling our conversation "secret," and lying to me about levels of authority. After reading other reviews, I am not the first person to be a victim of Pearson's customer negligence and I will, without a doubt, be the last. I have had issues with Pearson for years.

I have to purchase their content for college classes. Overall, negative 5 stars.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pearson Education Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments