Pearson Education - Terrible customer service concerning Pearson Introductory Chemistry textbooks
Pearson puts out two incredibly similar textbooks "Introductory Chemistry" and "Introductory Chemistry Essentials." I needed to compare the two to determine which one students in my 80-person course should order.The customer service people at Pearson told me that both books were the exact same, tho they are not.
That's not really their fault since those customer service LACK ACCESS to the books. So, it became my job to find my "Pearson rep;" this was exponentially more difficult than it needed to be because my school was not in their system. With some difficulty I eventually got contact info for two reps: one denied that she was a rep and eventually failed to help get me access to the texts and the other rep never returned my call and email. I eventually tracked down a physical copy of both books, which took considerable effort on my part.
FYI, the books are exactly the same word-for-word and problem-for-problem, and the "Introductory Chemistry Essentials" simply lacks chapters 18 and 19.Oddly, both of the textbooks in question bear the textbook cover photo image for "Introductory Chemistry Essentials" on the Pearson site (see attached screenshot).
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I signed up with Lone Wolf of Arkansas as a freight broker this summer after seeing a ad in a home business magazine. The ad said to sign up it..."
- "The software is so picky about formatting it really does a disservice to students trying to learn the material. There were numerous times where I had gotten the answer correct..."
- "Many people in the permaculture community have had similar experiences with Nicholas Burtner. Ranging from arrogance and a know-it-all attitude (sadly without knowing it all) to a picture of Jesus..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "I posted a blog post on ISIS-Comesuticals' blog asking about one of their 4 fl oz products that have suddenly been pulled off the market, and I was surprised to..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "Seeing the price I didn't expect great quality but something decent. What I have received was so horrendous that put me off online shopping. The photos are for 2 dresses..."
- "We at watax.com occasionally get postings here (once every year and a half -- tops) from the rare client who chooses to vent here rather than the BBB.com. As you..."
- "My local HEB every time i buy fruit it has a day or 2 shelf life other than bananas. This past Sunday I went grocery shopping purchased some steak meat...."