Pearson Education - Terrible customer service concerning Pearson Introductory Chemistry textbooks

53 of 187 Pearson Education reviews

Pearson puts out two incredibly similar textbooks "Introductory Chemistry" and "Introductory Chemistry Essentials." I needed to compare the two to determine which one students in my 80-person course should order.The customer service people at Pearson told me that both books were the exact same, tho they are not.

That's not really their fault since those customer service LACK ACCESS to the books. So, it became my job to find my "Pearson rep;" this was exponentially more difficult than it needed to be because my school was not in their system. With some difficulty I eventually got contact info for two reps: one denied that she was a rep and eventually failed to help get me access to the texts and the other rep never returned my call and email. I eventually tracked down a physical copy of both books, which took considerable effort on my part.

FYI, the books are exactly the same word-for-word and problem-for-problem, and the "Introductory Chemistry Essentials" simply lacks chapters 18 and 19.Oddly, both of the textbooks in question bear the textbook cover photo image for "Introductory Chemistry Essentials" on the Pearson site (see attached screenshot).

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Review category
Education
review #875325

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pearson Education? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
53 of 187 Pearson Education reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.