According to the course I'm taking at school, all I needed was to purchase the "Physics: Principles with Applications, Seventh Edition" by Giancoli. I purchased this access code through Amazon, but apparently I needed the "Modified Version" instead of the "Standalone." However, no where on the Access Code Card I received did it say "STANDALONE." The reason I purchased the code through Amazon was because it was very expensive online. Now I have wasted money and must STILL purchase through the Pearson website. I wish they were more clear. I at least wish they could extend my 14 day trial period so I would have time to make the new purchase. This is my grade and my future and I am very upset! Not only that but this isn't the first time my college has had an issue with Pearson. In fact, last semester my Chemistry course used this company and the department head decided to discontinue our use because there were just too many issues with homework assignment dates and times the system would shut down.
I'm extremely unhappy. I wish Pearson would fix it's customer service work and system, until then.. I think I'll just advocate for college professors to discontinue Pearson use. When there is an issue it affects students and money is an issue!
At least revoke the code I used so I can return the card!
As a person that personally works in Customer Service, there is always SOMETHING you can do. Pearson just resolves to do nothing and dissociate themselves from their customers.
More Review Details
|Scholarship, Grants and Programs|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Wait time
- Error messages
- Online support
- Customer service
- Product description
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am taking my time and effort to write this review hoping that one less person could be saved from a unnecessary financial disaster. There is no free lunch. The..."
- "COSS is a fake agency and money suckers who are establishing after their crisis in Singapore. There are COSS offices in India, Si Lanka, Malaysia. Ms. Zahra Lalani is in..."
- "If you are thing about buying a Tutor Doctor Franchise think again! This is very poorly run Franchise with Incompetent Management Team.Before you buy you need contact as many..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "I just recently decided to start bidding on Quibids. I thought it was pretty nice, until I decided to hover my mouse over one of my competitors. I looked at..."
- "Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."