San Diego, California
1.4
Additional Fees
Equipment Quality
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

According to the course I'm taking at school, all I needed was to purchase the "Physics: Principles with Applications, Seventh Edition" by Giancoli. I purchased this access code through Amazon, but apparently I needed the "Modified Version" instead of the "Standalone." However, no where on the Access Code Card I received did it say "STANDALONE." The reason I purchased the code through Amazon was because it was very expensive online. Now I have wasted money and must STILL purchase through the Pearson website. I wish they were more clear. I at least wish they could extend my 14 day trial period so I would have time to make the new purchase. This is my grade and my future and I am very upset! Not only that but this isn't the first time my college has had an issue with Pearson. In fact, last semester my Chemistry course used this company and the department head decided to discontinue our use because there were just too many issues with homework assignment dates and times the system would shut down.

I'm extremely unhappy. I wish Pearson would fix it's customer service work and system, until then.. I think I'll just advocate for college professors to discontinue Pearson use. When there is an issue it affects students and money is an issue!

At least revoke the code I used so I can return the card!

As a person that personally works in Customer Service, there is always SOMETHING you can do. Pearson just resolves to do nothing and dissociate themselves from their customers.

Review about: Pearson Education Website.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Wait time, Error messages, Online support, Customer service, Product description.

Had an Experience with Pearson Education?

Comments

#1171934

Try to advocate yourself that Amazon is not affiliated with Pearson. Pearson can replace that if you purchased your access/books to their website. Amazon is selling a cheaper books and access code kits because some of them are used and mismatch products.