1.2
Equipment Quality

I have never had a worse experience with a course textbook than I have with my online textbook for my Hydraulics course this semester. I purchased the online textbook + mastering engineering pack from my school's bookstore for around $130. From the beginning I have had issues. First off, the online book only loads 40% of the time which is clearly an issue. Beyond that, whenever you are actually able to log on it has a system setting that automatically logs out every 10 minutes. I do not know a single student that would read a textbook in 10 minute chunks. On top of that, they boast having highlighting functions in the textbook, which work, and then disappear the next time you open the textbook. All in all, this book is basically useless for any student's needs.

I have called their customer service three times at this point, all of which have consisted mostly of them questioning if these issues are actually happening to me, and wasting my time trying to highlight my book for me. In the first call I was promised that if these issues persisted that they would send me a pdf version of the book. The next two phone calls I was told they would not fulfill this promise.

At this point I really would just like them to send me that pdf I was initially promised so I can avoid their website and interface as much as possible. Pearson, please keep your audience in mind when you are developing your products.

-Madison Bishop

Senior in Civil Engineering

Review about: Pearson Education Website.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Idea behind it.

I didn't like: Ability to design their idea for their audience, Not fulfilling their promises, That the system logs itself off, That the functions they boast dont actually work.

Comments