Additional Fees
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

PTE IS AN ILLEGITIMATE TEST THAT DOES NOT ACCURATELY REPRESENT ENGLISH SPEAKING ABILITY.I have a civil engineering degree from a world renowned university in South Africa and enjoy public speaking.

I wrote the PTE test 3 times. I received 43/90 for speaking for two tests and one test result was cancelled due to security reasons. I did all the practice tests online and received training. As a result, I lost a scholarship to go to Oxford in the UK and now have no job as I had resigned in anticipation of going to Oxford.

I then did the IELTS test and received 9/9 for speaking. I sent 101 emails to Pearson and spent over 8 hours on the phone relating to understanding why I had failed and various other poor customer service experiences that I had. It took me 5 months to get on the phone to someone to explain to me why this had happened. I have received almost no response and no compensation throughout this process.

It is truly embarrassing for Pearson to have let such a thing to happen and for someone to be treated in this way.DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU, DO NOT DO A TEST WITH THEM, THEY WILL WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

I didn't like: Inability to use their brains, Being lied to and strongarm tactics by pearons rep, Call center will not deviate from script to allow for help.

Had an Experience with Pearson Education?

Comments