Chat transcript.Wincel Stephen A (3/8/2017, 2:57:05 PM): Hi, my name is Wincel Stephen.

How may I help you? Wincel Stephen A (3/8/2017, 2:58:22 PM): How may I help you? Me (3/8/2017, 2:58:53 PM): I've been trying to contact you guys for a while now. Wincel Stephen A (3/8/2017, 2:59:51 PM): I'm sorry to here that.

Me (3/8/2017, 3:00:34 PM): I had to buy the package deal for my class and it includes an access code. My professor isn't using the lab, but from what I can tell the code includes a digital copy of the book. Is that correct? Wincel Stephen A (3/8/2017, 3:01:04 PM): May I know if what package are you trying to purchase?

Wincel Stephen A (3/8/2017, 3:03:28 PM): Are you still there? Me (3/8/2017, 3:04:21 PM): essentials of college algebra w the solutions and lab card Wincel Stephen A (3/8/2017, 3:04:58 PM): Thank you for this. Before we proceed to your concern, may I know if I am chatting with D Zev? Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:05:15 PM): Hi, my name is Mary Ann.

How may I help you? Me (3/8/2017, 3:06:04 PM): did i get transfered? Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:06:28 PM): Yes, you have been transferred to me. Me (3/8/2017, 3:06:51 PM): I had to buy the package deal for my class and it includes an access code.

My professor isn't using the lab, but from what I can tell the code includes a digital copy of the book. Is that correct? Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:07:38 PM): I understand you wanted to know if the code that you bought include a digital copy. Am I correct?

Me (3/8/2017, 3:08:40 PM): digital / pdf copy of the textbook and the solutions book Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:08:44 PM): I can be able to provide you information about that but I just have to pull up your account. Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:08:55 PM): Am I chatting with D Zev? Me (3/8/2017, 3:09:45 PM): yes n I don't have an acct because your site will not let me register without a class code that doesn't exist Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:10:05 PM): Thank you for the information, Z. Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:10:37 PM): Can you be able to provide me the code that you bought so i can be able to check on that?

Me (3/8/2017, 3:11:34 PM): I'm not opening the card until I find out. You should need the code for that either Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:12:40 PM): The reason why I need to get the code so I can be able to provide you information if that includes an etext or not. Me (3/8/2017, 3:13:26 PM): try again. you don't know what the products you sell include?

Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:13:58 PM): Our access code would either be with etext or without etext. Me (3/8/2017, 3:14:01 PM): Mymathlab Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:14:05 PM): How much did you pay for that code? Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:14:46 PM): Or can you provide me the order id? Me (3/8/2017, 3:14:56 PM): includes mystatlab Me (3/8/2017, 3:15:49 PM): i bought it at the school bookstore as a package with the book , solution manual and the code card Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:16:06 PM): Okay.

Do you have the order id? Me (3/8/2017, 3:16:55 PM): I didn't order anything. Bought at the student bookstore. Me (3/8/2017, 3:17:50 PM): isbn-13: 978-0-321-19990-4 Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:18:16 PM): Thank you.

Let me check on that. By the way, what is the exact title of the book? Me (3/8/2017, 3:18:58 PM): essentials of college algebra 11th edition Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:19:17 PM): Thank you for the information. Please wait for 2 -3 minutes while I check on this.

Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:21:14 PM): Can you please provide me the authors of the book? Me (3/8/2017, 3:24:23 PM): Are you serious? Me (3/8/2017, 3:26:04 PM): 978-0-321-91225-1 Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:26:27 PM): Let me check on that. Please wait.

Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:28:00 PM): Do you remember how much you paid for it? Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:29:27 PM): I was able to locate the book. I need to know how much you paid for it so I can be bale to provide you more information. Me (3/8/2017, 3:36:25 PM): obviously too much, my classmates paid 6 for a used copy of it.

that's all we are going to use , just the book. All I want to know if by using the code do I get a digital copy of the book or not for the 217.95 that I paid. I should have to open the one time use code to find out if that's the case. Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:37:39 PM): I really do apologized for this inconvenience that you have experience D.

Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:38:36 PM): It wold have been much easier if we have the access code so we can checl if that would really include a digital copy of the book or not. Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:42:16 PM): If you have paid that much for this code I believe this already then includes a digital copy of the book. Me (3/8/2017, 3:44:39 PM): really? Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:48:40 PM): So that you can be able to get though the right information I would refer you to your school bookstore so that they can provide you information if the code you bought is indeed with a digital copy or not.

Me (3/8/2017, 3:48:46 PM): that was for all 3 things and all you can estimate is that because of the price you "believe" it should. With the isbn number yoou should be able to know everything it has as an customer service employee. Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:50:42 PM): Upon checking the ISBN that you have provided which was 978-0-321-91225-1 it did show only in here print. Me (3/8/2017, 3:50:56 PM): You work for the publisher, I shouldn't need to to go anywhere else for that information.

Me (3/8/2017, 3:52:02 PM): because you asked me for the book isbn, not the card isbn. You should be able to see related materials tothe book isbn. Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:52:51 PM): You bought the book at the school bookstore and that is the reason why they can be able to provide you more information about it and that is why it is best to contact them. Me (3/8/2017, 3:52:53 PM): the first isbn i gave you was off of the card Me (3/8/2017, 3:54:01 PM): So you cant give me information about your product?

Me (3/8/2017, 3:57:24 PM): Your company has the worst customer service that I've ever had. Takes all sorts of steps just to get to be able to cintact anyone and get nowhere. I'll be returning the book to the store and bringing up this issue to the Dean and campus President. Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:57:34 PM): We really need to know the exact access code, D for us to be able to inform you if the code you have includes a digital copy or not.

Mary Ann T (3/8/2017, 3:59:19 PM): You can always get a refund for the code if that is not the code you needed. Me (3/8/2017, 4:00:03 PM): One time use only, once it's opened it can't be returned; if it doesn't have the digital copy it's useless to me, but I'd be stuck with it. Maybe that's what your company wants, but not today.

Me (3/8/2017, 4:02:24 PM): IT'S A PACKAGE PURCHASE, ALL 3 ITEMS PHYSICALLY WRAPPED IN PLASTIC TOGETHER!!!!You have no clue of what any of your products are, try visiting your own website.

I didn't like: Poor support, Phone service.

1.2
Equipment Quality
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $218
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Pearson Education?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.