I had to take a content assessment test that was created by Pearson. It is a $77 test and I was required to take off work to take it since there were no appointments available on the weekends or after I got off work.

I got an instant printout that said I had passed my exam. Which I need a pass before November to begin my student teaching in the Spring. I took the test in early October in case I did not pass and needed to take again. Three weeks later, I got an email from my states education department saying I did not pass the test and I would have to take it again because I missed the passing score by 3 points.

I looked further into this and found out that Pearson had a question on the test that was later determined unscoreable, yet was still being used on the assessment tests. Since I was on the line, they decided to fail me. This is unacceptable. I now have to pay for another test, buy another study guide because I sold mine since I thought I passed, take off work yet again, embarrassedly had to tell everyone that I actually did not pass, and my student teaching is now in jeopardy.

It is an absolutely horrible feeling to be told you passed the test that is going to start your career and later find out that there was an error on the test creators part so you actually failed. Yes, I should have done better on the test so I was not on the line of passing but I also could have had a question that I got correct and would have passed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pearson Education Program.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I want this matter to be known so this done not happen again to anyone else. I am being forced to retake this test for anothers error. .

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 10.

Comments